Any idea what you are serving for dinner this Easter?
We have the best panko herb crusted lamb rack recipe that we REALLY wanted to share with you! We created this recipe on the basis that Easter dinner deserves something more than just the classic turkey dinner we always seem to resort to. Why not change it up? Lamb is in season in the spring, so why not try out a lamb dish instead?
Here is the recipe.
2 lamb racks, frenched, cap-off
Salt & pepper TT (to taste)
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
4 tsp fines herbs blend
4 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
2 tbsp avocado oil
- Allow the lamb racks to warm up to room temperature for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Season all sides of the lamb with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp avocado oil. Then gently lay the lamb racks in the pan, fat side down. Allow the meat to brown to a dark golden brown colour. Do this to all sides of the meat.
- Move the lamb racks to baking sheet and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the remaining 4 ingredients into a food processor. Blend until the panko turns green from the fresh parsley. The mixture should be damp but not wet.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and brush the meat with Dijon mustard.
- Press the panko mixture onto the meat where the Dijon was brushed.
- Place the lamb back into the oven for another 10 minutes or so until it reaches 120-125F (medium-rare).
- Remove from the oven, place racks on a resting rack and cover loosely with tin foil. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a chef’s knife, slice between each rib bone.
- Serve with your favourite sides. Our favourites are:
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Roasted butternut squash salad with crumbled goat feta and dried cranberries
- Buttered and honey drizzled carrots
- Steamed broccoli